Lisa Brunette is a career writer/editor with hundreds of articles appearing in major daily newspapers, magazines, web sites, and elsewhere, including the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Seattle Woman, and Poets & Writers. She's interviewed a Pulitzer Prize-winning author, a sex expert, homeless women, and the designer of the Batmobile, among others. By 2007 she found herself in Seattle, where she joined an online news start-up called Crosscut. She served as a freelancer and then deputy editor before the organization transitioned to non-profit journalism. She now writes for a variety of publications, including her local paper, the Lewis County Chronicle. Here's a sampling of her work available online.
Alexis Donkin's Blog
An interview on the topic of intentional writing.
The Attic Ghost
Five articles on writing for games. Read them here.
See all 12 articles here.
The Book Adventures of Emily
Chris Michaels' Blog
Cichon Kendall's Blog
The Chronicle (Lewis County, Wash.)
- Embody Movement Studio Challenges You to Roar into the New Year (front page, Life)
- Washington Ballet Theater Brings the Dance to Pe Ell (front-page article)
- 'The World Needs Your Novel:' Lewis County Writers Get to Work for National Novel Writing Month' (front page, Life)
- Embodying Good Health: Visionary Fitness Innovator Teaches Sold-Out Master Class in Centralia
- Family Uses Inheritance to Open New Leather, Glass Business in Downtown Chehalis (front page, Life)
Author of the Month Interview with book blogger Cheryl Masciarelli.
Cozy Up With Kathy
Interview with book blogger Kathy J. Kaminski.
A regular contributor and served as deputy editor from Jan 2008-Jan 2009.
- View all 60 articles covering politics, pop culture, literature, education and more through my Crosscut Author Page.
- My article on University of Washingon's branch campus politics landed me on TV.
The Editing Pen
Embody Movement Studio
In early 2016, Brunette wrote weekly newsletter articles for a yoga/Nia studio's 90-Day Challenge:
- Practice for Your Life!
- Let's Talk About Sleep
- Movement Focus: Yoga
- Movement Focus: Nia
- What Comes Up Can Set You Free!
- Sitting Is the New Smoking
- What Does Healthy Celebration Look Like?
- Stages of Life, Stages of Your Practice
- Owning Your Practice
- Love Who You Are - Now
- Are You Making the Most of Your Menu?
- Who and What Supports You?
- A New Year's REVOLUTION!
Freda Hansburg's Blog
- Interview with Award-Winning Author Lisa Brunette
- Interview with BRAG Medallion Honoree Lisa Brunette
- The Importance of a BETA Reader
Lewis & Clark College's alumni magazine, Chronicle
- When Life Becomes Art: Five Lewis & Clark graduates make their mark as documentary filmmakers
- A Book You Could Love
- Cherie Althauser Proves There's Joy in Movement at Age 65
- Meet Mom-and-Pop Cattle Ranchers Paul and Dalene Olson
- Ewe and I Offers Unique Combination of Yarn and Cheese in Downtown Chehalis
Lily Iona Mackenzie's Blog
Pacific NW Center of Excellence in Clean Energy
- From Shipyard to Heat Pumps: One Woman’s Path to Success in the Clean Energy Field
- Matt Morrison, Keynote Speaker for the Construction & Energy Summit, on the Future of Clean Energy
Poets & Writers
The Reading Frenzy
- Maria Semple takes Hollywood stereotypes and makes readers care about them
- Troubling new evidence leads local author to rewrite Titanic’s last chapter
- Kathleen Norris says the demon you're fighting may really be age-old acedia
- What’s so funny about adoption and ‘The Daily Show’? Everything.
- Life after TV: ‘L.A. Law’ stars share their passion for Italy with readers
- The melodrama is intoxicating in this saga about the Mondavi wine dynasty
- Beliefs about war questioned
- Jubilee Does It Right
- The Importance of Place: Lisa Albers talks with prominent local authors about their writing
- Murder, They Wrote: Seattle's Leading Ladies of Mystery
- Romancing the Tome: Jayne Ann Krentz & Local Romance Writers Tout Their Craft
- Buy the Book: Seattle Independent Bookstores Know How to Survive
- Dr. Pepper’s Prime: UW Sex Researcher Proves There’s More to Love After 50
- Hot Nonfiction: Two New Bestsellers with Northwest Appeal
- Fighting the Cause of the Lost
- Dreaming for a Living
Society for the Preservation of Adventure Games
The Wordy Nerd
Writers and Authors
Writing and Wellness Blog
Lisa Brunette is also the author of two corporate histories. They are not available to the public; they were private commissions: